Veterinary Surgery Center of Sarasota is a state-of-the-art specialty center located in the beautiful area of University Park in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We specialize in small animal veterinary surgery and rehabilitation where patients require high levels of care. At VSC Sarasota, we are committed to providing the highest level of client services by offering individualized attention and compassionate care to all of our clients and patients.
We strive to help our clients understand their pet’s condition and will advocate the best possible treatment. Operating at the forefront of veterinary medicine, we stay apprised of new innovations and offer the most current surgery techniques, medical technologies, and novel therapies as well as exceed our clients’ expectations with honesty, respect, and compassion by treating each pet as if they are our own.
At VSC Sarasota, we provide a very collaborative and enjoyable teamwork environment. We encourage growth, innovation, and additional training. We practice in a rich and rewarding environment where patient care can be optimized and learning is continuous.
We are located in a rapidly growing area with entertainment, shopping, and recreation all around. Surrounded by some of the nation’s top rated beaches, only a short fifteen-minute drive from the hospital will take you to the gorgeous coastline of Sarasota Bay. Outdoor activities are in abundance and the weather is very accommodating. The pristine Nathan Benderson Park, within biking distance of our hospital, offers frequent local events and activities year-round.
Veterinary Surgery Center (VSC) of Sarasota is seeking a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist (CCRT/CCRP/CCRV) to lead our Rehabilitation Department! We are searching for a highly motivated individual to lead and grow our rehabilitation, sports medicine, and pain management services. Veterinary technicians and veterinarians are encouraged to apply.
VSC is a specialty center offering advanced surgical procedures, advanced imaging (CT, fluoroscopy, ultrasound) and the only specialty hospital on the Suncoast to offer both surgery and rehabilitation. We are a leader in cutting edge orthopedic and soft tissue surgery, offering countless surgeries and procedures not offered elsewhere; we strive to offer a rehabilitation program with a similar distinction!
We offer an extensive array of therapy modalities. Our equipment and facilities include a dedicated rehabilitation, underwater and land treadmills, on-site regenerative medicine (PRP, IRAP, stem cell), prosthetics/orthotics, therapeutic ultrasound, class IV laser, NMES, mechanical and acoustic shockwave, and proprioception/exercise equipment. We have a strong relationship with a near-by neurology specialty clinic which provides a steady supply of neuro-rehabilitation cases.
We feel that evidence-based physical rehabilitation plays an essential role in our comprehensive surgical care, and we believe in an integrated approach to developing patient care plans. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a highly collaborative, cohesive, supportive, and fun team.
Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine
- Oversee the creation and administer a physical rehabilitation program for veterinary patients needing on-site rehabilition
- Knowledge of veterinary patient anatomy, physiology, and rehabilitation modalities from an accredited veterinary rehabilitation program
- Possess strong communication skills, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping clients and patients
- Demonstrate attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills, as well as medical math skills (i.e. ability to calculate dosages, etc…)
- Must have basic computer literacy skills
- Handle multiple patient therapy sessions during the day and coordinate with assistants to compete therapy sessions
- Maintain positive and cooperative relationships with teammates
- Willingness to learn and pursue continuing education opportunities is strongly encouraged
- Work well independently and in a team
- Possess physical ability to perform duties while in the hospital including the ability to manipulate (lift, carry, move) 30 lbs. or more; walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch intermittently, and stand for long periods of time
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times
• Education: Associate Degree in Animal Science, Veterinary Science, or related field or DVM, Enrollment or Completion of a CCRT, CCRP, CCRA, or CCMT program
• Degree or License: Licensed Veterinary Technician (or equivalent) or DVM
• Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years in veterinary rehabilitation
Veterinary Surgery Center of Sarasota is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.